Monday 19 April 2010

To Want To

Hey...
A rather dull day I've been through, aside  from the the University of Bradford Students Union Election hustings and American football practise (of course!).
The hustings is an opportunity for candidates to convince the voters why they are the right and suitable candidate for the job (a lot like the candidates debate of last week where Clegg stole the show).  The funny thing is back in March we had the original hustings, however, due to some 'undisclosed' incidents the elections were temporarily suspended, then cancelled, then postponed.  Politics seems to be a dirty game at whatever level.
Well the UBU elections committee have introduced tighter measures to curb any discrepancies so hopefully we'd have a smooth affair.  However, from my opinion, the voters seem to have remembered the details of the manifestos so the turnout was nowhere near the original hustings, besides can you blame them, dissertation deadlines, coursework deadlines are only round the corner.  For a couple new faces it was a slightly nervous experience.
One candidate, yours truly, is running for International Students Officer, who is pretty much the mediator of over 20 nationalities and the Union and University.  As straightforward as it gets... NOT! But we shall see when the results are released.  I do wish all the candidates the best of luck may the right person win.  I extend this same reasoning to the May Elections... Nick Clegg seems to have created quite a force now as the polls are suggesting while dear Gordon says it is a 'brief political honeymoon' sounds like sour grapes to me.  
I really wish people vote for the right reasons.  But hey this is politics nothing, I repeat, nothing is black and white... or grey for that matter.

I do urge you to register in time to be able to vote in the May Elections, and for the Bradfordians go to www.ubuonline.co.uk/elections   VOTE RIGHT!!!


Well I seem to be a little sore in my arm muscles from stretching and my left knee needs a lil' TLC so this post will be coming to its finish line, but like promised about a week ago the daily poem is titled 'To Want To' enjoy!

To Want To

I was told not to
But I wanted to
So much that I thought to
Then I decided not to
But in my head I asked “don’t I want to”
I want to- knowing I’m not supposed to
At night I sleep eyes wide open wanting to
Then I stand believing that I had to
Later in the dark I crept to
Halfway there I decided I didn’t have to
For if I had to
I need not worry how to or when to
So I turned back not having had to
I admitted I didn’t need to
Meaning I heeded not to
I was told not to
But I wanted to
Yet in the end I didn’t need to. 

Adieu!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment