Wednesday 14 April 2010

Mother... Africa

This is a poem I wrote a while back on my opinion on the current state of Africa and some young Africans.


Mother… Africa

Oh land of my mother,
Mother of my father,
Teacher of my brothers,
Nurse to my sisters.
You have raised me well,
I stand as one of yours,
Proud to descend from you.

Yet amidst this pride I cry.
Your children disrespect you,
Your sons destroy themselves,
Your daughters devalue themselves.
Oh mother we are very sick
Oh mother we are dying here.

Amongst us, we seek a leader,
A son, a daughter, to teach us,
Teach us your true values our culture and our heritage.
There are the few that remember,
We are the few that will not surrender.
I gladly take the baton, I shall run,
Run that mile to prove outsiders wrong,
Run that mile to rectify what is wrong,
Run that mile for the old and the young,
Run that mile for Africa for we are strong.


Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment