Saturday 1 May 2010

44-4 - 3rd World Cardinalz

My next blog is a rap I wrote when I was a member of the group 3rd World Cardinalz... It was a group of myself aka Billy Bones, William P. Obubo (the poet that couldn't rap), Julez Jigsaw, Julian E. Obubo, (the rapper with a stammer), Tha A.N.G., Angelo Portier,  (the shortest basketballer I knew and now established DJ, Music Producer & Engineer).
This was a high-school phase and I guess it kinda made us closer and we had a message to give to the world... we never got to record our music but the beats still exist and the raps are still in hard copy... MAYBE someday the 3WC (3rd World Cardinalz) will hit the charts... Someday...


Well to the rap, 


44-4 – 3rd World Cardinalz


Where do I start counting after 4:44?
My day just started like the day before
The 44th second and nearly a quarter past 4
I’m barely a quarter past 4 but I can’t take no more
And I can’t wait no more till I slam that door
Raise my hands; feel like I’m free once more
But no, my day is done at like 5:44
Walking home, blue-red-siren it’s the POPO
Now I’m thinking, be calm, it’s just some routine go
Raise your hands and take a step no more
What I do to invite this-tell me-I don’t know?
Before I could move I’m staring at four 44s
Running aint wise, cuz I’ll be gone before I hit the floor
Excuse me officer but what is the problem to you?
They aint talking still point their four 44s
The Mike Johnson in me wanna mark, set and go
Then I remembered, ey, I got my own 44
Should I respond, damn it’ll be like some Western show
I reached for it- but homie- I was just too slow

Adieu!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment